Monday, September 20, 2010

HeartBreaker


Heavy are the shoulders of the one who carries the emotions of others...

They used to say I was gonna be a heartbreaker for as long as I can remember and sometimes I wonder if they subliminally hypnotized me into being just that....
She said I should have come with a caution sign:
Caution she is her father’s daughter
Caution: she would rather push you away than feel vulnerable
Caution: when things get too emotional she shuts down completely- do not take this as she doesn't care - but as she just doesn't understand and would rather focus on something she can control
Caution: she moves on quickly, not because it’s easy but because it’s easier
Caution: Easy to fall in love with, but falling in love with her will leave scars.
Caution: she will love you with all of her heart the best way she knows how.... Doesn't necessarily mean you will ever fully understand or it will ever be enough for you.
We are taught by our families and relationships with people how to love.... How do you learn to be emotional if that's not the way you were brought up? My family spent so much time making sure I was tough enough for this world that they didn't take time to teach me how to be vulnerable or compromising. Suck it up, don't wear your heart on your sleeve, these people will eat you up if you let them, don't be a sucker, trust no one, protect yourself, never give or let anyone borrow more than you can afford to lose........
They used to call me a heart breaker and somehow I feel like they programmed me to be just that.

She said I should have come with a caution sign...... And I told her..... Never give anyone more than you can afford to lose.

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats Deep... Have you ever had your heart broken? I must say i can relate to this post on many levels. However for me its not that i intentionally break hearts (not saying that you do) but at times in my heart i truly feel love and i am not afraid to express my feelings as they occur. My problem is keeping the fire burning. I was brought up to wear my heart on my sleeve, show compassion, i lived in a house where the word I love you seeped off our tongues every 5mins. Its funny how we were taught different stiles of loving and still end up in the same place...

    ReplyDelete