Thursday, August 20, 2009

Heart Broken...........



I just wanted to share this video with you…. I love this video, it’s so raw, emotional and so true. It’s crazy how when we are hurt in a relationship it’s like our heart doesn’t even belong to us anymore. Your just so hurt or void; we carry that emptiness to the next relationship not able to give our all because someone else still has our heart or a piece of it. I wish it were easy to let go of emotional baggage sometimes, easier to collect all the pieces of our broken hearts back from the people who stole them. I wish more people could be whole. I think the main reason people can’t do this is because they can’t accept that the relationship is over. We need more acceptance and less expectations. We build up these huge expectations for a person and a relationship and when they fall short or it ends, we find it hard to accept that it’s over. The people in your life are a reflection of you….. If things are not working out it’s because that person no longer reflects who you are. I mean relationships should be as easy as friendships. It’s hard to accept that you are growing apart in a friendship, I know for me I grown apart from friends as we have taken different paths. But when my friends no longer reflect or represent who I am, I have no problem letting them go. But why is it that when this happens in a relationship people try so hard to keep it together. I mean sometimes people even go as far as thinking they can change someone. People are brought into your life for a reason, season or lifetime. Accept that everyone will not be able to stay……but everyone has a purpose in your life. (Even the bad) Learn from each experience and move on. The more you hold on to that baggage the less room you have for someone worthy in your life. Let’s take back the pieces of our hearts people….. and nurture them with the lessons learned.

SoulStar

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I think you hit the nail on the head with this one SoulStar. I never would have imagined that trying to heal and completely move on from a 4 years tumultuous relationship could be so difficult. We broke up Dec 27, 2008 and yesterday was her birthday. It was so difficult not to send her a text whishing her happy birthday, but I stayed strong. She actually text me to say “all she wanted for her birthday was to get a call or a text from me wishing her happy birthday”. I did neither, and in some way I feel guilty about not doing it. SMH! As the time passes I grow stronger, but I am still not where I want to be. I know in my heart I can never be with her again, and sometimes I feel like I wasted 4 years of my life by staying in the relationship, but like you mentioned, being in that relationship served a purpose. For me, it showed that I could be in a long term committed relationship and give all of my love without reservation. I am confident that someone will come along that can appreciate that kind of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW baby this is deep. so true and deep. i have went throw this in the past. it took me almost 5 years to get myself together and realize what u sumed up in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much. I feel like the pain you endure does make you stronger. But i doubt that you get that piece of you back. i don't think i want what someone took from me back because it will only be that reminder that i was hurt. she can have that part of me. and when that person moves on to the next, she can toss it.

    ReplyDelete