Monday, August 10, 2009

I cry, you cry, we all cry..... stop frontin

My question is, what's up with older aggressives acting as if its not ok for aggressives to be emotional? Like its not ok for aggressives to cry or show feelings? We are all females at the end of the day, and hell even men get emotional.

(We are going to call this person Emotional AG)

I agree Emotional AG,
First and foremost we are all human before anything, man or women we are emotional creatures and that's what makes us human. I think its ludicrous to act or portray yourself as this hard non-emotional being , why because you feel like if people think you are emotional you wont be perceived as aggressive or in control? (ridiculous) The whole label issue alone is a topic I can speak on forever. We are all women, the most emotional creatures on the planet and to sit and deny oneself emotional expression is just ridiculous. Not being emotional or showing feelings does not make you strong, It actually makes you weak. We all fear, we all hurt, we all have issues that make us want to scream, act a fool or just cry ourselves to sleep sometimes. Going into that fear head on, tears rolling and heart broken is what makes us strong, NOT acting like it doesn't phase us or that we are too tough to let it penetrate us. Denying your feelings does not make them go away. Holding them in does not help you gain the strength needed to heal. I say if there is an older "AG" that tells you its not okay to cry or be emotional at times, next time you see them give them a big bear hug - trust me they need one. As for you, if you wanna cry- cry, if you wanna scream - scream and if you wanna laugh your ass off do so....... Because its thru our emotions that we really experience life and without them are we really living?


SoulStar

2 comments:

  1. ILL BE THE 1ST TO SAY I CRY. CRYING HELPED ME MOVE ON. IT MADE ME STRONGER IN A LOT OF WAYS. AND AT THE END I FELT A WHOLE LOT BETTER. I WAS ABLE TO LET GO A LOT OF FEELINGS THAT I WAS HOLDING IN FOR A LONG TIME. I DONT THINK THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH CRYING. I ALSO HATE THE LABLES. IF UR GOING TO LABLE ME LABLE ME FEMALE, WOMAN. IN SOME WAYS WE ALL ARE AG'S. FEMS I KNOW U CAN BE AGGRESSIVE AT TIMES. I THINK ITS SEXY WHEN A WOMAN IN PUMPS PUSH ME UP ON THE WALL AND TAKE CONTROL. SHIT SOMETHINGS IM TIRED.LOL BUT THATS ANOTHER TOPIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see nothing wrong with a person crying whether it's a man or woman. It's a way for us to purge ourselves of emotions. I hear a lot of guys tell their sons to man up when they cry and I'm like let them release whatever their feeling. Don't let them grow up thinking its not okay for men to cry.

    ReplyDelete