Thursday, August 27, 2009

Broken Wings

One day along my journey I came to a resting place, I was approached by a little bird. She was the most beautiful bird I had ever seen, and something about her eyes captivated me, we chatted and I fell in love and we traveled quite some time together and one day I asked the little bird to fly away with me. She looked at me sadly and told me that she could not fly away even though she desperately wanted too…. She explained that someone hurt her and left her broken, broken wings can’t fly…… I stayed as long as I could with my little bird hoping that I could fix her broken wing and we could fly away together….. but the wing didn’t mend and I had to continue my journey alone. Sometimes along our journey we find people or situations that hurt us, they leave us broken and we take on emotional baggage…. The challenge is not letting that pain keep you from flying….. A part of healing is accepting and letting go.

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment