Thursday, August 13, 2009

Homophobia is so Gay!


This guy at my job is a huge homophobe, he’s one of those men that think that women being gay is cool, but is really bothered by gay guys. This irritates the hell out of me. First of all if you are going to be against gay people, why is it okay for women to be gay? (men and their fantasies) I find that a lot of straight men are bothered by gay guys. Not even bothered but actually get angry when gay guys are around as if they are going to get attacked or something. Now of course I have to stand up for my gay fam and defend them. So I ask him “what bothers you so much about gay men?”. He goes on to say , “it’s the way they act, they are so feminine”. He doesn’t like the “hand motions” they make when they talk or the tight clothes they wear and how they are “so extra” with everything, or that they talk with “soft voices” like they have to prove they are super gay. Smh. So I said to him, what if it bothered me how you have to come in here with your voice all deep, acting all hard like you run shit, wearing your clothes to big for your body and being all extra “manly” like you have something to prove. I mean come on, not all gay guys are flamboyant (stereotype) and some look just like regular “manly” men. Then he goes on to say that he doesn’t want a gay man looking at him and what straight men hang with gay guys?”SMH. I told him that a majority of the people that are homophobes or gay bashers are insecure with themselves or have desires they are trying to suppress and that a secure man can hang around anyone and still be secure in his manhood. SMH, Why do all homophobes think that just because you are gay, you want them? Come on people, to each their own, be comfortable enough in your own skin so that other peoples comfort doesn’t bother you.

4 comments:

  1. I FEEL MEN AND WOMAN THAT ACT UNCOMFY OR MAD WHEN THEY ARE AROND A PERSON THE SAME SEX AS THEM. THEY GET THIS WAY B/C THEY ARE SCARED THEY WILL WANT A TASTE OF THE LIFE STYLE. I HATE WHEN WAMAN THINK I WANT THEM JUST B/C I LIKE WOMAN. THAT DOESNT MEAN I LIKE U... SMH. THERE ARE A LOT OF MEN AND WOMAN THAT ARE NOT GAY AND HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING AROUND A GAY PERSON OF THERE SAME SEX. THOSE ARE THE PPL THAT ARE SECURE. HALF THE WORLD IS GAY, BI OR WANT TO TRY. SO HOMOPHOBES HANG URSELF OR GET WITH IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post lady....this kinda stuff is annoying more annoying to me because it is very common for straight men and women to think like this....he obviously isn't just homophobic but he is completely ignorant towards the respect of other people's life and morals, i wonder how he would feel if gay men were to think the same way of him, i have a roommate that is completely scared of straight men and it's very sad...it's good that you had that chat with him. i hope it open his eyes a bit and he can feel a little bit more secure with gays his world....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously don't think that men who dislike gay men secretly want a taste of that lifestlye. You can't be mad a someone for how they feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOT ALL MEN BUT MOST MEN, EVEN WOMAN. I KNOW A FEW PPL I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH THAT HATED GAY PPL. THOUGHT IT WAS SO NASTY AND WE SHOULD ALL DIE. NOW SHE IS MY EX. I KNOW A FEW GAY GUYS THAT USED TO FEEL THE SAME WAY.SO U CAN SEE Y I FEEL THE WAY I DO ABOUT THEM WANTING A TASTE "MS/MR. ANONYMOUS".

    ReplyDelete