Monday, August 10, 2009

The Object of My Affection........

Someone emailed this topic to me....

Falling for a friend who's in a relationship. Do you tell them how you feel or keep your feelings to yourself? Pros/cons.

Well anonymous person,
I would say if that person is truly a friend to you, do you really want to risk their happiness? Do you really want to put that person and yourself in unnecessary drama? I look at it like this, what begins in chaos, ends in chaos. There is no way of telling a friend that is in a relationship that you have feelings for them without causing extreme drama and confusion. If you are truly this persons friend and truly care for this person, then as a friend I don't feel like you should express your feelings. I have actually been in this situation and Its a difficult position to be in, especially when someone is a part of your every day. But I have learned from experience that expressing yourself in this situation just brings drama. If things are meant to be between you and this friend than you have to have faith that when the time is right, things will be right between you two. But you put your friendship at a serious risk by trying to force something when the time is not right. Everything happens for a reason, maybe this friend is in this relationship so that he or she may learn something that makes you and their relationship in the future stronger. Or maybe you needed to see this person in a relationship to realize that this was the person you wanted to be with. But trust me, there is a time for everything and when its time for you two to be together, there will be not obstacles or other people in the way. Until that time, my suggestion is keep your distance and pick up a hobby or focus your energy on something productive......... cuz this situation can get really destructive if you don't.


Hope I helped. Smooches

SoulStar.

4 comments:

  1. MY CHILDHOOD BEST FRIEND WANTED ME TO BE THE 1ST GIRL SHE EVER SLEPT WE. SHE JUST WANTED TO SEE HOW IT WAS. I COULD HAVE DONE IT BUT I DIDNT WANT OUR FRIENDSHIP TO CHANGE OR MESS UP IN ANYWAY SO I TOLD HER NO. NO B/C SHE WASNT CUTE ENOUGH BUT I KNEW IF I PUT THE BUSINESS ON HER SHE WOULD WANT MORE AND IT WOULD FUCK EVERYTHING UP. PLUS I WAS SLEEPING WITH HER AUNT SO THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN BAD.. I ALSO DONT KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY SO...LOL BUT WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS LITTLE STORE IS, I AGREE WITH SOUL STAR 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to need you to not post cocky ass stuff on my blog. Nobody needs to know about you and your putting the business down. smh. Imma cut your arrogant ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.. BABY CAKES HOW AM I BEING COCKY OR ARROGANT I WAS JUST TELLING A TRUE STORY.. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A PLACE TO EXPRESS MYSELF AND WRITE WHAT I WANT...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot can factor in to this person's decision to tell his/her friend. How long have they know each other? How long has the person of interest been dating their significant other? Was there a mutual interest at one point? I would basically say just go with what you feel is right some good could actually come out of it, don't always think negative.

    ReplyDelete